Darryl's thoughts on the Christian Faith, Facts, and World Events
MA Christian Apologetics
October 29, 2015
Leading Evolutionist is Open to Evidence for Intelligent Design…by Aliens. What??
In my last post, Aliens, Angels, Ghosts, and Demons I posted a video that shows Richard Dawkins, arguably the world’s leading proponent of evolution saying that he is open to the idea that intelligent aliens, created life on earth. Now, some people may totally dismiss this idea as totally absurd, but we must remember that secular humanists and evolutionists respect Richard Dawkins as much as Catholics respect the Pope, so anything Richard Dawkins says, will be accepted with little question. I am sure that when a little known naturalist named Charles Darwin proposed the theory of evolution by random chance, mutations, and natural selection, which means that humans evolved from lower apes, most of the Christian leaders did not take it seriously enough to effectively vaccinate others against it. Now, even though most of the US Presidential candidates, claim association with some version of Christendom, when a Presidential candidate indicates that He actually believes that God created the universe and life or that he does not believe in evolution, that this is a bizarre statement. But claiming to be a Christian without believing in Creation is as like claiming to be Muslim without believing in Muhammad or Allah.
Even though those with a evolutionary worldview dominate the establishment (media and entertainment, public schools, higher education, government, and major corporations), to the point that they believe that evolution is an indisputable fact, the intelligent design movement has made great progress in disputing the assumptions of evolution.
To get a good understanding of how the Intelligent Design movement has effectively removed the foundational assumptions that support evolutionary theory, please take some time to watch these videos by Illustra Media. You can watch them free on YouTube or you can purchase DVDs from their website. Each video is about an hour long, but it will undo much of the evolutionary indoctrination that you received in high school and college, so what is a few hours compared to 16 years?
So, if the evidence for intelligent design gets to be so convincing and widely accepted that people start to question evolutionary theory, then they might have to consider the possibility that there really is a Creator, then that might mean that they would have to believe in God, which could point them to the Bible and Jesus. And this, would be really bad for the atheists, agnostics, and humanists so they need some other theory to to rescue them. Tah-Dah!!! Here comes Panspermia to the rescue!! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia )
Why Should Christians Care About Panspermia?
Any theory, no matter how bizarre can be powerful, if enough powerful people accept it and then impose it on the masses. But there are other challenges that need to be overcome.
So, while the arrival of real aliens would not disprove the Bible, I am concerned about the overall acceptance of aliens without question. As I mentioned in a previous post, the same people who are willing to dismiss the activities of demons are the first to look to aliens as heroes .http://www.internationalfishers.com/blog/aliens-angels-ghosts-and-demons-from-a-biblical-perspective1
How Can Christians Evangelize “Alien-Creationists”?
As with any attempt to evangelize non-Christians, we must remember to give “a reason for the hope that we have…with gentleness and respect.” (1 Peter 3:15). So we need to make sure that we are not being condescending in our evangelism. People seriously believe that aliens created humans and this deception could easily prevent them from coming to know Jesus Christ as their personal savior, so we need to take their views seriously and challenge their deception with gentleness and respect.
Here is a basic outline that I would use.
2. God existed before the beginning of the universe, aliens didn’t:
The God of the Bible is eternal and therefore existed before the beginning of the universe. Aliens, if the exist at all, exist on planets. Planets did not exist before the universe so this leaves two options. 1. God created the aliens and then the aliens came to earth and planted life. 2. Aliens evolved on another planet and then somehow traveled to earth and created life. No one would ever admit to option number one because then they would still be under the authority of God as the grand-creator. So the existence of aliens as the creators of life would still not eliminate God as the Creator (first cause) of the universe.
3. Who created the aliens?: Sometimes skeptics ask Christians, “who created God?” But, if God is eternal as the Bible teaches, He has no beginning nor end and therefore He needs no cause or creator. But, the aliens have a beginning so the still need a cause and this also means that they cannot be the cause of the universe.
4. Aliens in the gaps: Evolutionists often criticize creationists for pointing to supernatural miracles every time they cannot find or understand a natural process. Now, that evolutionists are turning to aliens as an explanation for the obvious evidence of order, complexity, and design, then they are the ones guilty of aliens in the gaps. In the case of God, we have the Bible, God’s Word. The Bible tells us about God’s miraculous activities and so we do not have to guess about which events were natural processes and which were miracles because God left us a message to let us know which was which. The aliens have not left us anything equivalent to the Bible.
5. Why stretch for aliens, when God is so near?: Given that there are now and have been throughout history many people who have claimed to have had a personal experience with God, why would you choose to say that aliens are the creator of life, when there are other possible candidates. The best candidate is the God of the Bible, so why wouldn’t you objectively explore that option first instead of searching for aliens?
6. The Bible, Jesus, and changed lives: They still have to deal with the historical, scientific, and prophetic evidence for the Bible as God’s Word and for the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Aliens can’t explain those away. While there are a lot of people around the world who will testify that, “Jesus Christ changed my life” even under persecution and martyrdom, where are those who will testify the same about aliens? We may need to ask those who believe in Alien Creation, “If aliens created life on earth, why do the aliens allow bad things to happen to good people?”
A Christian Apologist, Author, Missionary, Husband, and Father. Darryl has an MA in Christian Apologetics from Biola University (CA), an MA in TESOL from Azusa Pacific University (CA), and a BA in Political Science from Truman State University (MO).
Note: Please share these articles as conversation starters on important topics, even if you disagree with them. Just state why you disagree and go from there. My hope is that they will help English-speaking Christians share their personal faith and beliefs on important topics with their non-Christian loved ones.
For Non-Christians and Christians Outside the USA: Please consider these articles as a gift to you sponsored by others.
For American Christians: If you are blessed, encouraged, or even challenged by these articles, please make a tax deductible donation of any amount via the "Become a Financial Partner" button above, as God leads.
Your finances will be used to continue and expand our apologetics, discipleship, evangelism, and other missionary ministries in Cambodia and globally (without charge to the recipients).
Some missionaries who have been professionally trained as musicians etc. compose, perform, and sell their music in order to help fund their mission work. Decades of research, education, and a lot of money has been invested in me so that I am capable of communicating on these topics on a professional level.
For me, these articles are my songs. Songs are often a "cry of the heart" which cannot be suppressed. I have tried my best to remain silent on these issues in the past. God may lead me to be silent again in the future. At this moment, I cannot be silent.
I have come to the conclusion that when the Bible says, "the workman is worthy of his wages," (1 Timothy 5:18) that this truth does not ONLY apply to pastors. I believe that it ALSO applies to fairly tipping our waiters and waitresses etc., for their services. This is especially important if they depend on this for their income.
If this offends you, then that is only indication that my articles are not valuable to you, therefore no "tip" is requested.